It was so very nice to receive this blogging award from the lovely Nerissa the cat at “Nerissa’s Life“.
As part of the award, I’m supposed to tell you 10 things about this blog.
1. It all started because of our cat Gracie.
2. More than 10 years ago, I began volunteering at PAWS.
3. After three years of cleaning cages and litter boxes, petting, playing and brushing the cats, I fell in love.
4. We adopted a tiny tabby and white kitten and named her Ms. Grace Lillian.
5. I took lots of photographs of her in her new home, and brought them to the shelter so that the staff and other volunteers could see how she was doing.
Here’s baby Gracie.
6. One day the shelter director asked me to help photograph the shelter cats.
7. Having just gotten my first digital camera, I added photography to my list of volunteer duties.
8. Every week I’d send my pictures off to PAWS and also email them to friends, family, and other cat lovers.
9. My email list got huge! And then I heard about this thing called a blog…
10. My first post was in March 2009 and this is post #367.
It’s so much fun visiting other cat bloggers. The perfect place to find them is at the Catblogosphere.
There are also some really good bloggers who are kind enough to leave comments. You can click on their names and visit them too.
The nice people at Mr. Chewy offered us a $50 gift certificate to their site.
They have a huge selection of cat and dog food. There’s also free shipping if you spend over $49.
I ordered treats for the cats at PAWS and the box arrived the very next day!
Then I told them that they could only keep the box…*
*Only kidding. I paid for an extra bag of treats for my cats at home.
If you shop at Mr. Chewy, use the code SWAN3421 on your first order and get 10% off. They’ll also donate $10 to an animal shelter.
Here’s Mickey checking out the ipad app, “Game for Cats“. It has three levels of play which include a mouse, a butterfly, and a dot of light similar to a laser toy.
Gracie was briefly amused, but when the mouse went off screen she tried to get under the ipad to see where it had gone. Cats are hunters and my cats weren’t interested for long- once they found out they weren’t going to actually catch anything.
Still, it’s a free app and if you have an ipad, Mickey and Gracie suggest you check it out. Tommie opted to take a nap.
If you like people games for mobile devices, my daughter has a review site – Best Game Apps.