Sharky

Two years ago, the last time we saw Sharky, he was an adorable playful kitten.
He was adopted, but then a few months ago he was returned – as a gorgeous fully grown and extremely angry cat.

His family claimed that they were returning him because of his aggressive behavior.
After a period of adjustment at PAWS, Sharky responded to the kindness of staff and shelter volunteers. He remembered that he liked people.
The only aggression we saw after that was directed toward feather toys!

Sharky is an enthusiastic hunter.

Friendly young Sharky would be most happy in a home where he’s the only cat.
Please visit him at PAWS.

• Reply Brian Frum March 9, 2019 at 10:44 am

Oh that’s sad, I’d say Sharky wasn’t the one with the behavior problems. Good luck handsome dude!

• Reply Sue Carrick March 10, 2019 at 9:19 am

Hi Maggie..thanks for being angels for this sweetheart and rescuing him to give him a second chance. Whatever these “humans” did to the poor boy!! Well done….Hope he finds a GREAT forever home soon with kind humans this time…Great picture of this handsome boy!!!

• Reply Memories of Eric and Flynn March 9, 2019 at 11:42 am

It is sad that for a cat to be returned, but it sounds like Sharky is much better off being away from that family.

• Reply Kitties Blue March 9, 2019 at 2:29 pm

That sweet face shows absolutely no aggression. We suspect Sharky was not getting the TLC he deserved. Nice to see he is happy and now well-adjusted. We’ll pray that he soon finds the right forever home. XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy and Sawyer

• Reply Ellen Pilch March 9, 2019 at 5:08 pm

Poor guy. I hope he gets his forever home soon. XO

• Reply meowmeowmans March 9, 2019 at 9:47 pm

Sharkey is adorable, playful and awesome. We’ve seen none of the aggression that family reported, so it makes you wonder, for sure! Beautiful photos, Maggie. You’ve totally captured Sharkey’s wonderful personality!

• Reply ERin the cat March 10, 2019 at 4:40 am

Aww, what an awesome dude. And a little bit of the hunter is not at all out of place, I think. Plenty of wand toy actin and maybe the odd mouse here and there makes a cat a perfect companion.
    Purrs
    ERin

• Reply The Island Cats March 10, 2019 at 5:24 am

Poor Sharky. We have to wonder what his home life was like to make him so aggressive.

• Reply Margaret Elmendorf March 10, 2019 at 6:55 am

That is just too sad. Poor Sharky. Some people just shouldn’t have cats You all have a super duper Sunday.

• Reply Tamago March 10, 2019 at 9:34 am

Oh it breaks my heart to imagine how poorly Sharky may have been treated in his first home. I’m glad he is at PAWS and happy, playful boy. I hope he will find a loving forever home he deserves!

• Reply Timmy Tomcat March 10, 2019 at 9:50 am

We feel so sad for Sharky coming back to his alma mater. We know a good looking fellow like you will find a new home soon and are sending purrs to give an assist

• Reply Marjorie from DashKitten.com (@whskr) March 10, 2019 at 1:05 pm

We are SO WITH WHAT BRIAN SAYS!!!! WTF is it with people!!!!! Sharky dude if you were here in New Zealand we would have you in a heartbeat.

Dear Heavens do you wonder I lose my temper with stupid eople???

Happy Sunday Selfie * sigh *

• Reply Cathy Keisha March 10, 2019 at 6:52 pm

Stories like this make me so angry. I’ll bet he was an abused kitty. I hope his next home loves him and treats him well.

• Reply Layla Morgan Wilde March 11, 2019 at 10:25 pm

Yup, I echo the others comments. Sharky isn’t the problem. Maybe a name c

• Reply Layla Morgan Wilde March 11, 2019 at 10:28 pm

whoops, sentence vanished. I’ll bet someone was using fingers while playing. It’s easy for kittens to learn to respond to fingers or hands as prey.

• Reply mommakatandherbearcat March 12, 2019 at 1:34 am

Sounds like his people created and fed his problem. I can’t even imagine the details of that. Hopefully, he’ll know nothing but love for the rest of his life.

• Reply Three Chatty Cats March 12, 2019 at 11:54 am

That’s sad that he returned as an angry cat. But in the right hands (with PAWS), I’m happy that Sharky realizes people can be okay.