It was so very nice to receive this blogging award from the lovely Nerissa the cat at “Nerissa’s Life“.
As part of the award, I’m supposed to tell you 10 things about this blog.
1. It all started because of our cat Gracie.
2. More than 10 years ago, I began volunteering at PAWS.
3. After three years of cleaning cages and litter boxes, petting, playing and brushing the cats, I fell in love.
4. We adopted a tiny tabby and white kitten and named her Ms. Grace Lillian.
5. I took lots of photographs of her in her new home, and brought them to the shelter so that the staff and other volunteers could see how she was doing.
Here’s baby Gracie.
6. One day the shelter director asked me to help photograph the shelter cats.
7. Having just gotten my first digital camera, I added photography to my list of volunteer duties.
8. Every week I’d send my pictures off to PAWS and also email them to friends, family, and other cat lovers.
9. My email list got huge! And then I heard about this thing called a blog…
10. My first post was in March 2009 and this is post #367.
It’s so much fun visiting other cat bloggers. The perfect place to find them is at the Catblogosphere.
There are also some really good bloggers who are kind enough to leave comments. You can click on their names and visit them too.
These two young mothers came to PAWS with their kittens this Spring. They did a fine job of nursing and cleaning up after their babies. Now that the kittens are weaned, they have both been spayed and can relax. Apple and Cherry are young, playful, and affectionate.
These sweet girls are looking for a home together.
Aren’t they a perfect pair?
Katniss and Peeta have been adopted!
Here they are last week when they figured out how to turn on the radio at PAWS. It was Peeta’s idea but Katniss did the leg work.
For more pictures of them CLICK HERE.
Cameron is a shy gentle cat currently waiting for a home at PAWS.
Elmer is a friendly, inquisitive, and active young cat.
And here’s a kitten, just being kittenish.
At the shelter there are tiny kittens with velvet paws,
Black cats, tuxedos, tortis, and tigers.
Independent cats, lap cats, playful, calm and friendly cats.
Young healthy cats, been-around-the-block cats.
All at the shelter, waiting to change your life.